Focus absenteeism and Flexible working
The role of the HR Administrator is to give administrative assistance to the HR department. The role is proactive in supporting the operational and strategic goals of the HR team.
A. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and administrate the absenteeism records on a daily basis.
- Liaise within the HR team about the absences within the schools.
- Liaise with the Arbodienst, the HR account manager and the Case managers about the appointments and the advice.
- Making appointments and liaise with the staff members about the on-site Arbodoctor visits.
- Provide input for the regular HR reports as and when required (monthly sickness absence rates, termly sickness absence reports etc.).
Flexible workers register
- Keep an up to date flexible workers register and make sure this list is available.
- Monitor if the necessary documents to complete a recruitment procedure have been received make sure the required information is received.
- Liaise with the Deputy Head Teachers about the candidates for flexible work.
- Maintain flexible worker staff files and ensure they are kept up to date.
- Do spot checks on the entered flexible worker hours for the monthly payroll.
- Maintain the flexible worker intranet pages.
HR Database and Employee files
- Input employee details for contract processing into the HR information system and the school data base and ensure information is current and accurate.
- Provide HR reports as and when required by the Head of Human Resources, HR Advisor and Principal.
- Maintain individual employee files for all BSN staff and ensure they are kept up to date.
- Confirm the resignation and follow through the protocol for leavers.
- Liaise with the other team members whenever required to check if the leavers protocol is followed through.
Careers & Personal Development
- Maintain a current and accurate list of qualifications of all staff and other career related information suchas reviews (per school).
- Maintain a file of central staff development activities.
- Maintain a data base with training and development information.
- Assist the HR managers with organising and implementing staff development activities.
Act as first point of call for visitors and telephone calls and check the HR inbox, providing general support and feedback to members of staff, applicants and others.
Undertake general administrative duties required, including: photocopying, collating and distributing documents; filing; ordering of office supplies; processing invoices, etc.
Co-ordinate the ‘M-drive' to ensure efficient and easy access to the documents and data of HR Services.
HR documents and literature must be in the HR ‘house format'.
Participate in -recurring- HR projects such as HR induction evening, Gateway presentations,
- Maintain an appropriate awareness of and work effectively within the policies and procedures of the BSN.
- Operate safely within the workplace and maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Act in a professional manner at all times and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Take part in staff development and review activities as required. Maintain a Personal Portfolio, including a proactive professional development plan.
- Attend departmental and school meetings as required.
This job description is subject to review and amendment by the Principal in the light of changing needs of the BSN and to provide appropriate development opportunities.
Members of the Board of Management
All staff groups
The Arbodienst staff
External service providers
Functie-eisenQualifications and Experience
The postholder should have a minimum of 3 year experience in a busy HR or Administrative environment underpinned with a good education preferably an NVQ personnel support level 3 and have, or be prepared to work towards affiliate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or a Personeel en Organisatie opleiding (MBO niveau).
The HR Administrator must possess strong organisation skills, be a competent in all areas of general administration and be computer literate, able to efficiently use Microsoft Office facilities (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and database systems. The HR Administrator must be able to demonstrate good communication skills (both oral and written), a structured approach to work, high attention to detail and have the ability to operate effectively within a team and a proactive problem solving approach.
An understanding of an educational organisation is desirable along with an appreciation of the needs of staff working in a learning environment.
The postholder must be fluent in English and must have good Dutch language skills.
Korte bedrijfsinfoAs one of Europe's premier British International schools with over 450 full/part-time employees, the British School in The Netherlands is a well established, diverse, and vibrant academic environment in which to work.
Inkomensindicatie30,000-35,000 Euros per annum
Duur1 year Fixed Term
ReagerenPlease apply via our website: http://www.britishschool.nl/workingatthebsn/currentvacancies/Pages/default.aspx
- Organisatie British School in The Netherlands
- Adres Vrouw Avenweg 640
- Postcode/Plaats 2493 WZ DEN HAAG
- Telefoon 070 315 4061
- E-mail email@example.com
- Contactpersoon Esther Sijbranda